There are a couple of foods that always come in handy when you are too tired or lazy to step out of the house or cook. For the times when your stomach is growling and you need something thing to eat this minute. Then there are those food cravings that drive us all crazy. Yesterday, in my tweets I discussed some of these foods that should be stored in your pantry in case you don’t wish to step out of the house.
You can read back to find some of these Pantry Necessities.
- It is funny how most of our kitchen
#backups are carbs take rice, flour, potatoes for example with a longer shelf life.
- I don’t fear famine just a lazy sunday..so I can just get out of bed n cook up some mashed potato and sausages
- I am not big on frozen or processed meats, I keep eggs for a cheesy omlette just in case
- I have to be honest, maggi & soup powders are a must have on my
#backups shelf in case of terminal yum factor starvation. I love maggi!
- I always have some form of dried pasta in my
#backups shelf usually it is penne or macaroni.
- Butter, cheese and mayonnaise are life savers when it comes to kitchen
#backups , not to forget BBQ sauce comes in handy too.
- Onion n garlic
#backups in India take the place of bacon in other kitchens around the world for that strong flavour in most Indian curries.
- Leftover chicken curry n stale rotis made into a kathi roll lunch
- Even in my hostel days I used to keep dal n rice to make khichdi on a hotplate.
#backups for when I was homesick.
- Nuts.almonds, walnuts, cashew and pecans have protein, fiber n healthy fats you can store them as a healthy snack in your pantry
- Cereal and milk the healthy
#backups in my kitchen.
- Canned tuna, a great choice for quick snack or salad . Pantry
- Whole grain crackers are a good replacement for bread. Pantry
- Juice boxes and energy or sports drinks are great for instant energy as Pantry
- Tang .. Great Pantry
- 6 o’clock hunger. Its killing me. This is exactly why I need all those yummy
#backups in my pantry.
Follow Me on twitter @foodtryingstein
Or Join My Facebook Page and Group Foodietryingstein